Tuesday 1 February 2011

Softly Does it

'Queen' - Archen089 2010

I'd like to share some art I've stumbled across recently which I'm rather impressed and awed by. It is the work of Archen089 on DeviantArt. DeviantArt (or DA) is an art community where artists can upload their works for others to view and give critique, comment, favourite, etc. I'll have been a member for 6 years this coming June, but I was more active in the old days. I wish I browsed it as much as I used to in the old days as I forget that there are these gems in the millions of submissions just waiting to be discovered and swooned over.

'Christmas Spirit'
Anyway, I thought I would share some of her work as I find the pieces captivating and the amount of skill of her watercolour painting is beautiful. Watercolour paintings are among some of my favourite mediums to use and I admire anyone that has developed a skill of laying up the colours in the right way to make such a soft yet striking image.


'The White Rose'

So I leave you with a link and urge you to go and browse through her gallery and admire. There are some soft, wonderful pieces of work which are just waiting for the eyes to linger on them.
'The Swan Maiden'
Enjoy ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave comments and I try and get back to you as soon as possible once I've read it. I also like to check out what you have to offer, so don't be afraid to leave your blog link too!
Thank you! ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...