Wednesday 2 February 2011

Creative small ways to involve nature in your life

Mini Terrarium Necklace pendants by Hollyrocks
So while clicking through various blogs to find interesting new things I came across these mini Terrarium. These are basically small plants that are put into pretty containers and they basically look after themselves once you put the lid on. They create their own weather system so they constantly have enough water (somehow...the concept amazes me to be honest) and they look brilliant and often like small landscapes. You can learn how you make one here. I did blog post about this before a looong time ago at my amazement but the feeling has not died, I still think they're truly fantastic and the fact that someone had made them into a piece of jewellery is awesome! Hollyrocks appears to also have an Etsy shop where you can buy her creative jewellery, so head on over to have a longer look at her fab stuff.

This second thing goes along the lines of Guerrilla Gardening in a sense that they could be used for it. Well I'd assume so considering it's concept, but I like it for the fact that if I made these up it'd make gardening a bit faster or more of a lucky dip if I just threw them around soil patches.

Seed Bombs! By {Every}nothing Wonderful
Isn't this a great idea? Well for all of us gardening junkies it is hehe. I love the simplicity of it and how it could bring such life and beautiful flowers.{Every}nothing Wonderful shows us how to makes these little bombs of delight in a step by step guide with lots of pictures (just what I like to see :D) Just imaging how much nature and pretties you could spread with some of these babies? It could be wonderful.

Anyway I hope you're getting involved a little with nature as spring comes along, even if it's just to admire the flowers popping up through the soil finally. I can't wait to see the first snowdrops of the year.
Are you going to try to plant anything new this year? ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave comments and I try and get back to you as soon as possible once I've read it. I also like to check out what you have to offer, so don't be afraid to leave your blog link too!
Thank you! ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...