Wednesday 5 January 2011

Mmm print


 Mono printing with black ink and white spirit to try and create bubbles
 (Click the images for a closer look and more detail)

I now dub Wednesdays my favourite day of college. Going from hate to love of print and having tutorial in the morning and print for the rest of the day. It's rather nice a relaxing, and at the moment I'm going along my oil spill route and experimenting with mono printing and marbling. Yup, marbling. It's truly amazing to do and it's such fun. Also, it feels so retro hehe.

Marbling with yellow and black for petrol-y type look

Some of my favourites, the flash really does them no Justice.
But with the black and the yellow, I really feel like it's getting to the point where I'm happy with what I'm portraying for this oil spill thing, it's a technique that really is perfect for the swirls and dirtiness of oil on water. I tried some different colours because it was so fun and yeah, those are the outcomes. I really recommend doing this as it's such fun and creates pieces with a certain oddity. I would have taken better pictures but I'm in a bit of a rush as I need to do some homework and make some dinner.

Experimenting with different colours
So yes! Toodle pip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you leave comments and I try and get back to you as soon as possible once I've read it. I also like to check out what you have to offer, so don't be afraid to leave your blog link too!
Thank you! ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...